Anchor Bay Middle School South
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- January 25th, 27th, *30th - Midterm Exams
- 1/2 Day each day of exams. *Thursday, January 26th, was a Snow Day - makes Monday a half day to complete exams)
- School Start/Dismissal Times for Exam Days: 8:04am - 11:29am
- January 31st - Start of 2nd Semester (Postponed due to snow day)
- Full Day of School (8:04am-2:52pm)
- All students will receive a paper copy of their schedule when they arrive at school.
Wrestling this year is being combined with MS North. Practices start next week, Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 3-5pm at MS North.These days are conditioning practices where the coaches will assess their skill levels.There will be a bus after school at MS South on Monday, Jan 23rd to take the wrestlers to North. On Jan. 25th and 27th, students will need to find their own transportation due to the half days.Parents will need to pick up their child from MS North at 5pm.
The official start date of wrestling will be Jan 30th, 2023, and practices will be Monday through Friday from 3-5pm at MS North.There WILL be bus transportation every day to MS North starting Jan. 30th.
Please remember that all students must have an updated physical on file dated ON or AFTER April 15, 2022.This is REQUIRED to participate in practice.
The coaches will be meeting with those interested in wrestling on Thursday, Jan. 19th during school. *no tryouts for this sport.
- February 9th - 1st Semester Grades will be posted in ParentPortal.
Important - New Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures for the back of the school. Please see the attached document below that was created by MSS and Chesterfield Police Department.
Click Here: MSS Drop-Off/Pick-Up Map 2022-23
We are extremely excited to be implementing the Positivity Project (P2) at Middle School South this school year! The mission of this program is to empower America’s youth to build positive relationships and become their best selves. P2 will also partner with South and equip staff with the resources, training, and strategy to teach their students. Please click here for more information on the Positivity Project.
If your child is absent from school, please call us at 586-949-4510 before 10:00AM. If you get the voice mail message, use ext.2101
MSS After School Tutoring
South will be offering after school tutoring with the purpose of helping students develop a deeper level of understanding on performance tasks/classwork in the following subject areas: Math, Science, ELA, Social Studies.
**UPDATE** Tutoring sessions will be held EACH DAY Monday - Thursday starting the week of December 12th. Each session will be one hour in length from 3pm – 4pm in room 311. Transportation home will not be provided. Students are free to be picked-up in the front of the building anytime throughout the hour.
If you are interested in having your child take advantage of this opportunity, please complete the following permission slip info.
AF JROTC After School Club
Updated 2022/23 School Year information! Join the Air Force JROTC After School Club! Come meet the High School Cadets and have fun playing team building games and activities. Learn the art of leadership, teamwork and followership from High School students and have a good time with friends. Meetings will be on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays beginning 9 Nov 22. Please have your parent/guardian sign the attached form.
- Remember to check grades on Parent Portal instead of Schoology. Parent Portal is the official place that grades are stored and updated.
- Thank you to all the parents who have dropped off and/or picked-up their child in the back of the school. The front of the building is for buses only in the AM & PM.
- We do have students with peanut allergies, and we ask that no shelled peanuts be brought into school. Food that is processed with peanuts is permitted. We ask that no actual peanut shells be brought into the building.
- If you drop your child off late to school, please call to the main office to let them know.
- We will be continuing our new lockdown protocol known as A.L.I.C.E this school year.
Please contact the Middle School South office if your child needs to take medication during the day. Medication forms will be made available or can be found on the enrollment page.
Alternate Bus Info
To the Parents or Guardians of Anchor Bay Schools that use alternate locations for either pick up or drop off of your students due to daycare, grandparents or divorce situations, please complete the Alternate Bus form and either email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (586-725-4223) or mail 51890 Washington, New Balt. 48047 Click here for the form
Having this form early gets the correct information to you in August when the postcards go out. Thank you and have a safe and Happy Summer!
5th & 6th Hour Exams
Elementary will have a full day.
Standard Day: 8:04am - 2:52pm
|1st Hour||8:04AM - 9:02AM|
|2nd Hour||9:07AM - 10:05AM|
|3rd Hour||10:10AM - 11:08AM|
|4th Hour||11:13AM - 12:41PM|
|1st Lunch||11:13AM - 11:43AM|
|2nd Lunch||11:42AM - 12:13PM|
|3rd Lunch||12:10PM - 12:40PM|
|5th Hour||12:46PM - 1:44PM|
|6th Hour||1:49PM - 2:52PM|
Laptop Login Directions
MSS Annual Education Report 2019-20
Concussion Awareness Form
Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
Course Guide 2022/2023
6th Grade Schedule Form
7th Grade Schedule Form
8th Grade Schedule Form
Glencoe Math Online Resource Document
Glencoe Math Night PowerPoint
Secondary Exam Schedule & Half Days Due to Snow Day
Secondary Exams for 3rd & 4th hours will be held Friday, January 27th. All schools will have a half day.
Monday, January 30th, will be a A HALF DAY FOR ALL SCHOOLS, middle and high schools will have 5th & 6th hour exams.
2023-24 Enrollment will Start February 16th!
Excited to join the Anchor Bay family? We are excited to have you!!!
Our enrollment window for new students for the 2023-24 School Year will begin on February 16th.
More information and links for the online enrollment system will be posted on this date
Second Semester School of Choice Information
Schools of Choice will be open for 2nd semester as follows:
- Unlimited Schools of Choice grades K - 11
- Applications will be accepted from January 14 - January 27, 2023
- Apply/Enrolling is online through Enrollment Express Pre-Registration Link
- Date for enrollment shall be no later than February 3, 2023
- Click here for more information on the Schools of Choice Process
Thank you Voters!
Thank you voters for making it a new day in the Bay!
Approval of the bond proposal will improve student safety and security, enhance the K-12 educational program, address aging infrastructures, correct geographical concerns, increase building efficiency, and protect the community's investment in its schools.
In the coming months, we will keep the community informed as we move forward with the bond proposal projects.
Thank you to all the parents, students, staff, and other members of the community who helped us inform people about the bond proposal.