Anchor Bay Middle School South
Upcoming Events & Reminders
- May 4th - No School for Students - Professional Development Day for Teachers
- May 4th - 4th Qrt Progress Reports Emailed Home
- May 5th - PSAT Make-Up
- May 28th - 1/2 Day of School - Memorial Day Weekend
- May 31st - No School - Memorial Day
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7, 2021!
Please see the attached MDHSS letter regarding Anchor Bay School Lunch: MS South Lunch Flyer 2021.pdf
Schedules are posted online in the red athletics tab and are subject to change. As the seasons start for softball and track, coaches will also communicate any changes.
Bus transportation will be provided to and from all away competitions.
If you have not done so already, please complete the athletic emergency card found on the MSS website main page. If you did this for a sport already this year, you do not need to complete it again.
After School Tutoring
- Monday - Thursday via zoom from 3pm-4pm
- Starts this Monday, Oct. 26th
- Students will access the tutoring zoom sessions from any of their teacher course pages
Order Your 2020-2021 Yearbook!
ALL orders are done online, please visit www.jostensyearbooks.com and
follow the directions to our school.
Students of the Week
Nov. 30-Dec. 4, 2020
Click on the link to view the Students of the Week presentation.
Dec. 7-Dec. 11, 2020
Click on the link to view the videoStudents of the Week Video
Dec. 14-Dec. 18, 2020
Click on the link to view the video Students of the Week Video
Congratulations to all the students nominated and the winners!
Click here: Middle School Swim & Dive
Track, Softball and Swim start Monday, April 19th.
- Track Parent Video
- Track Practices will be M-Th 3:00-4:30pm
- SOFTBALL Practices will be from 1:45-3:45pm
- Coaches know that virtual students will get to the school after their 6th hour and may need drive time. Athletes can be dropped off at the softball field.
Athletes must have a physical on file from Last Year dated after April 15, 2019. Additionally, ALL athletes must complete the Required Health Form at the link below. If you mark "yes to any of the questions on the MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire, you will need to get an UPDATED physical before participating. Locker rooms will not be available, and students should bring their own water bottle.
**ALL Athletes participating in spring sports will be COVID Tested at school once a week, starting Monday, April 19th:
*** Prior Positive COVID PCR Tests: Individuals who have recovered from a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past three months (90 days) have quarantined and remain symptom-free may participate in team sports activities without antigen testing if they can provide a letter from a doctor or documentation confirming a positive PCR test. The individual must have had a positive PCR diagnostic test within the past three months. A positive rapid test or antibody test, only, is not sufficient to waive the current weekly test requirement.
REQUIRED TESTING FORMS:
Softball- Tests every Monday
Track- Tests every Tuesday
Swim - TBD
Athletic Emergency Card- To be completed for all athletes by their parents.
High School Dance
High School Dance Tryouts for incoming 9th grade students 2021/22
May 24,25,26 - 5:00-8:00 pm at Anchor Bay High School
High School Cheer
High School Cheer tryouts - June 1-3 - 2:30-5:30 at Anchor Bay High School
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.ABTARS.COM
- Remember to check grades on Parent Portal instead of Schoology. Parent Portal is the official place that grades are stored and updated.
- Thank you to all the parents who have dropped off and/or picked-up their child in the back of the school. The front of the building is for buses only in the AM & PM.
- We do have students with peanut allergies, and we ask that no shelled peanuts be brought into school. Food that is processed with peanuts is permitted. We ask that no actual peanut shells be brought into the building.
- If you drop your child off late to school, please call to the main office to let them know.
- We will be continuing our new lockdown protocol known as A.L.I.C.E this school year.
Please contact the Middle School South office if your child needs to take medication during the day. Medication forms will be made available.
In-Person/Virtual Schedule with Class Times
Middle School South Daily Schedule 2020-21
- All students follow the same schedule during the school day
- Doors will open for student drop-off each morning at 7:50 am
|1st Hour||43 Class||8:13am - 8:56am|
|2nd Hour||43 Class||9:01am - 9:44am|
|3rd Hour||43 Class||9:49am - 10:32am|
|4th Hour||Lunch During This Hour||10:37am - 12:03am|
|5th Hour||43 Class||12:08pm - 12:51pm|
|6th Hour||43 Class||12:56pm - 1:39pm|
Check out AF JROTC
Alternate Bus Info
To the Parents or Guardians of Anchor Bay Schools that use alternate locations for either pick up or drop off of your students due to daycare, grandparents or divorce situations, please complete the Alternate Bus form and either email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (586-725-4223) or mail 51890 Washington, New Balt. 48047 Click here for the form
Having this form early gets the correct information to you in August when the postcards go out. Thank you and have a safe and Happy Summer!
School Store: "The Treasure Chest"
OPEN every Thursday during lunch starting November 1st!
*212 tokens are equivalent to $1.00 please encourage your student to use them in here.
- Hoodie - $20.00 (adult sizes S - XL)
- Sweatpants - $20.00 (adult sizes S - XL)
- Red Pirate T-shirt - $10.00 (adult sizes S - XL)
- Pirate Prowl T-shirts - $5.00
- Most small items - $1.00
Spirit Wear - Hoodie & Sweatpants
Spirit Wear - T-shirt
*prices listed above
Standard Day: 8:13am - 1:39pm
Laptop Login Directions
MSS Annual Education Report 2019-20
Bridge Building Flyer
Concussion Awareness Form
Code of Conduct
Course Guide 2021/2022
6th Grade Schedule Form
7th Grade Schedule Form
8th Grade Schedule Form
Glencoe Math Online Resource Document
Glencoe Math Night PowerPoint
PowerSchool Phone App
Schoology Login & Assignment Submission Directions
Title I Parent Letter
2020-2021 ATHLETES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO GET PHYSICALS this year, IF a student has one on file from LAST year.
Athletes are exempt from getting a physical for the 2020/2021 athletic year if there is a valid physical on file dated on or after April 15, 2019. The health form at the below link must also be filled out. If you mark "yes" to any of the questions on the MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire, you will need to get an updated physical before participating. Physical Forms are available below.
Athletic Emergency Card- to be completed for all athletes by their Parents
Sports Schedules, Coach Contacts/Tryout and 1st Practice Information can be found in the Athletics tab of the Website as the seasons approach. Please email Mrs.Hunter with any questions at email@example.com
Sporting Event Entrance: Doors 3 & Doors 6
- Athletics Expectations
- AB Student Athlete Code of Conduct
- Health Questionnaire- Required for All athletes with a physical from last year
- Sports Physical- new athletes-or if you answer yes to anything on Health questionnaire
- Coach Contact and Tryout Information
- Cross Country Schedule 20-21
- Volleyball Schedule 20-21
- Boys Basketball Schedule 20-21
- Girls Basketball Schedule 20-21
- Track Schedule 2021
- Wrestling 2021- Subject to changes
- Softball Schedule 2021
- ***Positivity Award Nomination
The AB Fishing Club – a multi species, learning, noncompetitive club – attending local and free events that we host or sponsor. This is no fee club open to all students who reside in the ABSD area. Students in grades 6 to 12, wishing to join the Anchor Bay Fishing Club. please email Captain Shawn Elliott, firstname.lastname@example.org
On April 8th, the Michigan Department of Education alerted school districts that Virtual students may choose to participate in testing. Please review the attached updated letter regarding 3rd - 5th grade testing.
If you have any questions, please call your "home" school Principal.
Tutors will be available to assist students with homework and provide skills to improve reading, writing and speaking the English language. Students grades K through 12 are welcome. Parents will have conversational, reading or writing sessions while students receive homework support.