Anchor Bay Middle School South
Below are important dates and upcoming events for November.
- Dec. 4th - 8th MSS Book Fair December
- Dec. 13th - Athletic Booster Club Meeting @ 6pm
- Dec. 14th & 15th - Moana Choir Performance at the High School @ 7pm each night.
- Dec. 20th - MSS Band Concert at the High School @ 7pm
- Dec. 22nd - Christmas Break starts at the end of the school day.
- Jan. 4th - School Resumes from Break
After School Tutoring
- 3pm-4pm Each Day
- Room 311
- Academic Support in the following: Social Studies, ELA, Math & Science.
- Parents must sign-up below for whichever days they choose to have their child attend.
- Click HERE to Sign-Up
Middle School South Apparel
*Click the link above to order South Apparel
Store will be open through Friday, October 20th
Holiday Orders will open in November TBA
Parent Drop-Off/Pick-Up Details
- Click here for Map
- All student drop-off/pick-up's are done in the back of the building, Door 6. (Please see map)
- Please do not use the bus loop in the front of the building during drop-off (7:30am-8:10am) and/or pickup times (2:30pm-3:10pm).
- If you are unable to find a spot on the curb indicated on the map during drop-off/pick-up, please park in the back and allow your child to use the crosswalk. The crosswalk will have staff assisting students safely across.
- If you are coming into the main office at any time during the day, please park in the front of the building and enter through Door 1. (Please see map)
Enrollment & Supply List Information
General Supply list for 2023-24 School Year
- Notebook & Folder for each class
- 3" Binder to hold notebooks/folders
- Pack of Dry Erase Markers
We are extremely excited to be implementing the Positivity Project (P2) at Middle School South this school year! The mission of this program is to empower America’s youth to build positive relationships and become their best selves. P2 will also partner with South and equip staff with the resources, training, and strategy to teach their students. Please click here for more information on the Positivity Project.
If your child is absent from school, please call us at 586-949-4510 before 10:00AM. If you get the voice mail message, use ext.2101
- Remember to check grades on Parent Portal instead of Schoology. Parent Portal is the official place that grades are stored and updated.
- Thank you to all the parents who have dropped off and/or picked-up their child in the back of the school. The front of the building is for buses only in the AM & PM.
- We do have students with peanut allergies, and we ask that no shelled peanuts be brought into school. Food that is processed with peanuts is permitted. We ask that no actual peanut shells be brought into the building.
- If you drop your child off late to school, please call to the main office to let them know.
- We will be continuing our new lockdown protocol known as A.L.I.C.E this school year.
Please contact the Middle School South office if your child needs to take medication during the day. Medication forms will be made available or can be found on the enrollment page.
Alternate Bus Info
To the Parents or Guardians of Anchor Bay Schools that use alternate locations for either pick up or drop off of your students due to daycare, grandparents or divorce situations, please complete the Alternate Bus form and either email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (586-725-4223) or mail 51890 Washington, New Balt. 48047 Click here for the form
Having this form early gets the correct information to you in August when the postcards go out. Thank you and have a safe and Happy Summer!
Standard Day: 8:04am - 2:52pm
|1st Hour||8:04AM - 9:06AM|
|2nd Hour||9:11AM - 10:08AM|
|3rd Hour||10:13AM - 11:10AM|
|4th Hour||11:15AM - 12:45PM|
|1st Lunch||11:15AM - 11:45AM|
|2nd Lunch||11:45AM - 12:15PM|
|3rd Lunch||12:15PM - 12:45PM|
|5th Hour||12:50PM - 1:47PM|
|6th Hour||1:52PM - 2:52PM|
1/2 Day Bell Schedule
|1st Hour||8:04AM - 8:34AM|
|2nd Hour||8:39AM - 9:09AM|
|3rd Hour||9:14AM - 9:44AM|
|4th Hour||9:49AM - 10:19AM|
|5th Hour||10:24AM - 10:54AM|
|6th Hour||10:59AM - 11:29AM|
6th Grade Parent Email August 2023
Laptop Login Directions
MSS Annual Education Report 2021-22
Concussion Awareness Form
Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
Course Guide 2022/2023
6th Grade Schedule Form
7th Grade Schedule Form
8th Grade Schedule Form
Glencoe Math Online Resource Document
Glencoe Math Night PowerPoint
Lifetouch Retake Picture Form 2023
NWEA PARENT TOOLKIT LINK
Pirate Prowl Parent Letter 2023
Positivity Project Parent Information
PowerSchool Phone App
Schoology Login & Assignment Submission Directions
Title I Parent Letter
Washington D.C. Registration Info 2024
Washington D.C. Itinerary Info 2024
Welcome Back Parent Letter 2023-24
Online Payment Options
Thank You Voters!
Thank you voters for continuing to support Anchor Bay School District. The Non-Homestead Millage Renewal will allow the district to receive its full per-pupil foundation amount from the State.
Fall 2023 District Newsletter