Anchor Bay Middle School South
Anchor Bay School District Mission:Empowering all students to succeed in an ever-changing world.
Girls Basketball Tryouts are 3-5pm on January 13, 15 and 17, 2019!
A current sports physical must be on file to tryout/participate dated after April 15th, 2019.
Wrestling practice starts on January 27th 3-5pm (Monday -Friday). Boys and girls are welcome! Make sure you have your physical on file.
1. We are collecting box tops! Please turn in your box tops to your first hour teacher. The class with the most box tops per student in October will receive a donut breakfast!
2. Mrs. Pretari's class will be selling pencils and erasable pens between first and second hour starting this week. If you'd like to make a purchase, please stop outside room 500 between classes. Prices range from $0.25 cents to $2.00.
- Please review the school code of conduct and dress code with your child as the school year begins. This can be found in the front of the agenda that each student was given this week.
- Parent drop-off and pick-up is in the back of the school. We did an awesome job of this in the first week! This allows for our buses to have access to the bus loop out front without any issues. Thank you!
- If your child has any medical issues, please contact the main office and setup an appointment to go over the medical plan.
- Athletic schedules are located on the left side of the South home page.
MSS Fundraiser Reward Trip 2019
Thank you to all the students who raised $300 or more to go on the trip to Buffalo Wild Wings and Tropical Smoothie! The trip was a huge success and South raised much needed funds. A special thanks to John Guerrieri and Dream Limousine for donating the limo bus for our trip!
POINTS OF PRIDE
South Strong Student of the Month - December
- 6th Grade - Cadence Gaines
- 6th Grade - Kaylie Perez
- 6th Grade - Logan Roberts
- 6th Grade- Jaxson Sampier
7th Grade - Natalie Yale
7th Grade - Hannah Reising
- 8th Grade - Seanna Wilks
- 8th Grade - Jon Coyne
- 8th Grade- Mariah Osinski
PBIS-Positive Behavior Interventions and Support
Watch the presentation below to see all of our Focus Areas
ALTERNATE BUS INFO
To the Parents or Guardians of Anchor Bay Schools that use alternate locations for either pick up or drop off of your students due to daycare, grandparents or divorce situations, please complete the Alternate Bus form and either email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (586-725-4223) or mail 51890 Washington, New Balt. 48047 Click here for the form
Having this form early gets the correct information to you in August when the postcards go out. Thank you and have a safe and Happy Summer!
Sports Schedules, Coach Contacts/Tryout and 1st Practice Information can be found in the Athletics tab of the Website.
*******STUDENT ATHLETES MUST HAVE A CURRENT SPORTS PHYSICAL ON FILE TO TRYOUT/PARTICIPATE DATED AFTER APRIL 15TH, 2019.*****
UPDATED Eligibility Dates 2019-2020
September 20 October 4 October 18 November 1
November 26 December 13 January 10 January 24
February 7 February 21 March 6 April 17
May 1 May 15
Congratulations to the following Anchor Bay Staff on achieving the POSITIVITY AWARD from a MSS volleyball player:
Karin DeLeeuw Michael Seaton Julie Sheridan
Carina Anderson Marilyn Wozniak Andy Dickman
Kirsten Fouracre Amanda Piper Bridget Baumgarten
Kim Sorvala Sarah Hurley Brittany Korkate
Kristan Brees-Fetterhoff Debbie Lawrence Tom Mittelstadt
Jessica Marzicola Scott Oranchak Kelly Moore
SCHOOL STORE: "THE TREASURE CHEST"
OPEN every Thursday during lunch starting November 1st!
*212 tokens are equivalent to $1.00 please encourage your student to use them in here.
- Hoodie - $20.00 (adult sizes S - XL)
- Sweatpants - $20.00 (adult sizes S - XL)
- Red Pirate T-shirt - $10.00 (adult sizes S - XL)
- Pirate Prowl T-shirts - $5.00
- Most small items - $1.00
Spirit Wear - Hoodie & Sweatpants
Spirit Wear - T-shirt
*prices listed above
Middle School South
New Baltimore, MI 48047
Phone: (586) 949-4510
Fax: (586) 949-4739
Counselor - Brittany Korkate
Counseling Para - Marguerite Reinhard
Standard Day: 8:04AM - 2:52PM
Half Day: 8:04AM - 11:29AM
All Anchor Bay Middle School South students who are interested in participating in athletics must have a current physical on file in the Main Office prior to trying out, practicing, and/or competing in games. The physical must be dated ON OR AFTER April 15, 2019. Physical forms are available in the Main Office or by using the link below.
Sporting Event Entrance: Doors 3 & Doors 6