The mission of Lottie M. Schmidt Elementary School Community is to develop personal responsibility, strong academic skills, social sensitivity, and a sense of well being in each child.
For safety reasons, please report your child's absence by calling the office at (586) 725-7541 BEFORE 9:00am or as soon as possible. The absence will be marked unexcused if no parent contact has been made. An answering machine is available 24 hrs a day to leave a message if the office is closed. Excessive absences and tardies are reported to the County Attendance Officer.
September Lunch Menu
The Anchor Bay School District Board of Education has approved placing a $169 million no tax rate increase bond proposal on the November 8 ballot.
The multi-phase bond proposal will take approximately 10 years to complete and focuses on five key principles:
- Enhancing educational programming Throughout the K-12 educational program, the school district will place a stronger focus on Career Preparation and STEM programming by developing meaningful connections between classroom experiences for students and their future academic and career goals;
- Improving safety and security measures by enhancing building security and video surveillance at all facilities, installing emergency alert systems, adding classroom security door hardware, and strengthening building entrance security;
- Addressing aging infrastructures in buildings by updating mechanical systems, temperature controls, roofing, and paving;
- Correcting geographical concerns by reducing student transportation costs and reducing the time students spend on buses every day; and,
- Increasing building efficiency by reducing operational costs by combining and reducing the number of operational buildings.
We invite you to be a member of the PTO group at Lottie. Check out our Weebly site for upcoming meeting dates, bylaws and additional information.
Full Day: 9:00 AM - 3:51 PM
1/2 Day: 9:00 AM - 12:26 PM