A Project Lead the Way S.T.E.A.M. School
A nationally recognized program from Project Lead the Way. A middle school program focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math
Introducing PROJECT LEAD THE WAY (PLTW) Courses– the nation’s leading provider of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs.The Gateway to Technology program offers students a variety of opportunities to explore and learn creative problem solving. Students will begin with Design and Modeling, where they will apply the design process to solve problems and understand the influence of creativity and innovation in their lives. Additional courses to be offered are: Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, the Science of Technology and Engineering for Girls.
- A comprehensive mathematics program including accelerated math courses for grades 6-8 and a research-based math support class for struggling math students.
- Updated computer labs and instructional technology, including a dozen classrooms utilizing interactive multimedia projectors.
- Visual and Performing Arts: Band, Choir, Drama, and Art
- Additional course offerings in Computer Education, Lego Robotics, Life Skills, and Physical Education which includes units in Archery, Golf, Table Tennis and Team Sports.
- Offering Spanish 1 to 8th grade students for high school credit.
- A focus on Positive Behavior with monthly emphasis on character education.
- We offer courses to meet the needs of all students from the struggling to accelerated learner. Academic support available during the school day, and free after school homework help.
- No fee extracurricular offerings include: football, cross country, volleyball, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, swim club, track, softball, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, Acapella Club and Forensics club.