Anchor Bay High School
Empowering all students to succeed in an ever-changing world.
If your child is absent from school, please call us at 586-648-2526.
NHS Drop-In Tutoring: Tutoring is offered by NHS students on Mondays and Thursdays after school from 2:20-3:20 pm in the Media Center. This is a drop-in session for core classes only.
Math tutoring is available on Monday and Wednesdays in room S113. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Food and Functions is held in Room N112 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during A-lunch.
Testing Center is open after school on Wednesdays for test make-ups and retakes. Students needing to utilize the Testing Center will need to inquire with their teacher and will need to arrange for post-testing transportation.
To best support our families, we want to share the address for our Technology Support Team. Please email ABSDTechSupport@abs.misd.net when/if you encounter technology issues and need trouble-shooting support. It is monitored closely every day.
Want the school calendar to update to your phone? Click on the small calendar icon below for directions.
Fall Community Newsletter with Bond Information
2022-23 Welcome Back Letter from Superintendent Jankowski
ABSD Board of Education Approves No Tax-Rate Increase Bond Proposal for Nov. 8th Ballot
The Anchor Bay School District Board of Education has approved placing a $169 million no tax rate increase bond proposal on the November 8 ballot.
The multi-phase bond proposal will take approximately 10 years to complete and focuses on five key principles:
- Enhancing educational programming Throughout the K-12 educational program, the school district will place a stronger focus on Career Preparation and STEM programming by developing meaningful connections between classroom experiences for students and their future academic and career goals;
- Improving safety and security measures by enhancing building security and video surveillance at all facilities, installing emergency alert systems, adding classroom security door hardware, and strengthening building entrance security;
- Addressing aging infrastructures in buildings by updating mechanical systems, temperature controls, roofing, and paving;
- Correcting geographical concerns by reducing student transportation costs and reducing the time students spend on buses every day; and,
- Increasing building efficiency by reducing operational costs by combining and reducing the number of operational buildings.
Food Service Information 2022-23 School Year
***NEW for 2022-23 School Year***
PowerSchool Parent Portal will be used for ALL new and existing students!
PEBT NOTIFICATION LETTER
Please click here for information regarding the PEBT Letter.
Standard Day: 7:17AM-2:09PM
Conf./Half Day: 7:17AM-10:21AM
Exam Half Day: 7:17AM-10:47AM
Standard Day Schedule: 58 Minute Periods, 6 Minutes passing
|1st Hour||7:17AM - 8:15AM|
|2nd Hour||8:21AM - 9:19AM|
|3rd Hour||9:25AM - 10:23AM|
|4th Hour (Lunches)||10:29AM - 11:57AM (A:10:29-11, B:11-11:31, C:11:26-11:57)|
|5th Hour||12:03PM - 1:01PM|
|6th Hour||1:07PM - 2:09PM|
Anchor Bay High School
It's Always a Great Day to be a Tar!
Thank you for looking at the Anchor Bay High School's website. Our staff is very proud of our school. We pride ourselves on creating a child-friendly, educationally rewarding learning environment for our high school students! Our district mission statement is, "Empowering all students to succeed in an ever-changing world.” Our staff has a commitment to see that this phrase is not just words, but something we constantly strive to achieve and live by. We focus on developing a strong, positive relationship with the students and parents as we work together as a team so that we can bring out the very best in each child. With all of us working together…great things are bound to happen!
We are very proud of the accomplishments of our students and the involvement of our parents. We look forward to working with your family and providing your child an outstanding educational experience! Please feel free to contact us at any time.
Anchor Bay High School Staff