Early Childhood Center & School Age Childcare (SACC)
The Anchor Bay School district takes great pride in a curriculum that is both current and meets the state and national standards. Use the links below to our district curriculum for early childhood and our young fives and a reference for common early childhood terms. The Family Fundamentals is a pilot program the Michigan Department of Education developed to assist students in preparing for the next grade level. It includes many useful activities and information of how to assist your student.
Early Childhood Standards of Quality
2023 - 2024 Pre-School Registration - link below
- Your child must be 3 by 9/1/23 for 3-yr-old traditional preschool
- Your child must be 4 by 12/1/23 for the 3yr/4yr traditional split class
- Your child must be 4 by 9/1/23 for 4-yr-old traditional preschool
**ALL CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY FULL AND ARE WAITLIST ONLY.** When you register you will be put into a "wait room". You will receive an email telling you the registration is pending. You are not accepted into a program until you receive a confirmation email stating your registration is confirmed and a payment receipt. Please note your account must be up to date in order to register for next year.
We will also need: Original birth certificate (we will make a copy), Driver's license (we can make a copy), 2 proofs of residency (any mail will work - you do not need to live in-district), and immunization records. Please turn in all paperwork by July 1.
Anchor Bay Offers Free Preschool Program
The Great Start Readiness Program or GSRP is a free preschool option for children who:
- Will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2024
- Live in the Anchor Bay District, Macomb County, or St. Clair County
- Meet “At Risk Eligibility Factors” as determined by the Michigan Department of Education
- Full Day Classes are held Monday - Thursday
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided.
- Bus Transportation is available to Anchor Bay Families.
- GSRP follows “Creative Curriculum” - Anchor Bay Preschool Core Curriculum aligns with Kindergarten standard.
GSRP Application Forms
Please call 586-716-7862 for more information. After reviewing your application you will be contacted for a meeting to discuss the program.
Registration for 2023/2024 SACC - Limited Openings!
Register at: https://absd.reg.eleyo.com
The following forms must be printed and signed and turned in the 1st day your child attends SACC:or before or your child cannot attend SACC.
- Concussion Awareness
- Discipline Policy
- Notification of Licensing
- Payment Agreement Form
- Anchor Bay School District Health Status