Students and families sometime need addition social or emotional help. This site will be that place for parents or students to find resources if they don't want to speak directly with their schools. Please share this site with family and friends.
Macomb County Resources
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Macomb County Crisis Line: 586-307-9100 (24hours /7 days)
- Care of Southeast MI - Offers a variety of resources and supports to students, parents, and families including the following:
- Commonwealth - Free community well-being bulletin board which allows users to find activities, resources, and support
- Families Against Narcotics is a local non-profit offering support groups and resources.
- Julie's List - offers not only well-known agencies in S.E. Michigan, but private and religious organizations
- Local Counseling Agencies
- Macomb County Mental Health: They provide phone counseling, resources including community resources.
- Phone Number: 1-855-927-4747
- Crisis Services and Children's Mobil Unit to prevent police involvement: 586-307-9100
- MFS Adolescent Outreach Services - Macomb Family Services is offering no-cost tele-therapy sessions during this time.
- MISD Coronavirus Resources for Families - Includes a variety of links for families relating to activities to promote well-being in the home setting, a crisis contact, emotional supports for children
- The Right Connection - This is a user-friendly directory of free, low-cost and unique human services for Macomb County families
- United Way A search engine of local resources. You can also text your zip code to 898211 or call 211 directly.
Department of Michigan Education Resources
- ProtectMiChild - The State of Michigan offers a free program to block adult-themed content from reaching your child or teen on their phone, tablet or other electronic device
- Social and Emotional Learning Resources for Children
- Child Mind Institute
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Daily tips for parenting during crisis via email
- Additional resources on topics/suggestions for families
- Know Resolve - Youth Suicide Awareness and Prevention
- Learning Policy Institute COVID Resources
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Psychology Today - Search for a Therapist
- Support Your Child After The Death of a Family Member or Friend
- Vaping Information from the CDC
- Gleaner's Mobile Food - Gleaners Flyer
- All students receive a free breakfast and lunch during the school day. Virtual students are entitled to receive this as well. More information can be found on the food service page
- Feed the Bay also offers food to be taken home with students on Fridays for the weekend. For inclusion in these programs, please contact your child's school building directly to sign up.
- The Rock Church on County Line Road also has food giveaways. They can be contacted at 586-716-1267 for more information.