Anchor Bay Food Service
Welcome to the Food & Nutrition Department ….
Where Good Nutrition and Learning Go Hand in Hand
The Food & Nutrition staff obtains formal training to obtain their food safety certification. We take pride in this to prepare safe nutritious meals for your student. Meals at Anchor Bay Schools follow the federal nutrition standards limiting unhealthy fat and calories. Good nutrition is so important for growing bodies and learning minds, we hope to encourage your student to take part in the breakfast and lunch programs on a regular basis.
Menus for elementary, middle and high school provide a wide range of offerings for students. The elementary and middle school menus will be updated each month.
Our Mission Statement:
Preparing students nutritionally to learn and succeed.
2020-2021 Meal Prices
Lunch prices for the 2020/21 school year mandated by the National School Lunch Program Regulations:
- Breakfast (1) Free Breakfast for all students through June 2021 Price = $1.50
- Elementary (1) Free Lunch for all students through June 2021 Price = $2.65
- Middle School (1) Free Lunch for all students through June 2021 Price = $2.95
- High School (1) Free Lunch for all students through June 2021 Price= $3.00
- School Milk ½ pint = .40 This is an A La Carte Purchase
What Comes with a School Lunch?
A school meal consists of the following:
Grade level minimum of meat/protein equivalent
Grain Examples - wholegrain bun, bread or rice accompaniment
½ cup fresh, canned or 100% Juice (juice only provided 1-2x/week) at Elementary and Middle Schools
1 cup fruit offered each day at high school
¾ cup fresh or steamed at Elementary and Middle Schools
1 cup vegetable offered each day at high school
1% white or 1% flavored ½ pint
Students are encouraged to take all of the items for lunch but are only required to take 3 items but one choice must be a fruit or vegetable.
Breakfast is essential for your student to succeed and learn at school. School Breakfast is available every school day at the following:
- Anchor Bay High School
- Anchor Bay Middle School South
- Anchor Bay Middle School North
- Dean Naldrett Elementary
- Lighthouse Elementary
- Lottie Schmidt Elementary
- Sugarbush Elementary
- Maconce Elementary (no charge for breakfast at Maconce for all students)
- $1.50 for paid students (1) Free for all students through June 2021
- .30 for qualified reduced (1) Free for all students through June 2021
- Free for those qualified free
Smart Snacks in Schools
New nutrition standards called “Smart Snacks in School” are available to students. These standards will make healthier foods and beverages available to students to purchase.
- Smart Snacks will apply to all foods and beverages sold to students outside of the school meals
- Smart Snacks will be in effect all school day
- Smart snacks will not apply to foods served, such as classroom celebrations & during evening or weekends
- Some fundraising will be affected if they involve food or beverages during school day
School Meals Charge Policy
Each student has an automatic meal account that is assigned to them when they enroll at the district. This meal account together with the balance follows the student as they move throughout the district from elementary to middle to high school. Students that qualify for free or reduced will also have an account that protects the identity and privacy of students receiving meal benefits.
There are three options for parents to put money on their student’s account:
- Check—Make check payable to Anchor Bay Schools Food Service. Please put your child’s name on bottom of check (there is a $10.00 fee for insufficient funds).
- Cash—you may send cash in with your student. For elementary, please put cash in envelope with your child’s name on the envelope. Secondary students can give cash directly to cashier at lunch time.
- On-Line Deposit -You may use the internet to deposit money at the following secure site: www.sendmoneytoschool.com There is a $1.85 fee per transaction.
How to check student balance? Parents can go to www.sendmoneytoschool.com and set up an online account at no charge. You will need your student’s 10 digit ID number for the first log in. Contact our office at 586 598-7663 for assistance.
Parents can also request an automatic low balance email be sent to them. Please contact our office at 586 598-7663 to request. We are happy to assist you with this and any other question you may have. Thank you for your support!
How Does My Middle School or High School Student Get Their Pin Number?
On the first day that students have lunch, the 3rd hour teacher will have a label with your student’s name and pin number. The 3rd hour teacher will distribute the label by name to each student. Students are reminded to memorize their pin number and keep it confidential. Each student will use their pin number at the checkout in the cafeteria.
Find Summer Meals in Your Community
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was created to ensure that children in lower-income areas could continue to receive nutritious meals during long school vacations, when they do not have access to the National School Lunch or School Breakfast Programs. Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physically disabled that is recognized by a State or local public educational agency. The meals will be provided without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Anchor Bay Schools does not have a summer food service program but you can use the mapping tool below to find a site near you. New sites will be added as the school year ends and throughout the summer. Please check back often for updated information.
Summer Food Rocks - to locate a Summer Food Service Program near you.
Food & Nutrition Department Substitute Positions Open
The Food Service department has substitute positions open.
- Service hours credit towards State pension
- Employed directly by Anchor Bay School District
- Part time hours – weekend off
- No experience required –training is provided
- Apply on-line
Current Breakfast Menus
Current Lunch Menus
Dean Naldrett Elementary
Great Oaks Elementary
Lottie Schmidt Elementary
Middle School North
Middle School South
Anchor Bay HS