A Project Lead the Way S.T.E.M. School
Beginning in the 2014-15 school year a K-5 elementary school that will help young minds discover the wonder of science, technology, engineering, and math. This elementary program will build the connections to the Middle School South STEM program which includes electives such as: Design and Modeling, Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, and Women in Engineering
- Introducing PROJECT LEAD THE WAY (PLTW) LAUNCH – The nation’s leading provider of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs. In the Launch modules for kindergarten through fifth grades students learn important, future-changing lessons, learn to take risks, and employ critical thinking skills.
- The use of iPads help students become comfortable utilizing technology to learn and discover together.
- Students ask questions, explore ideas, and solve problems through activity, project, and problem-based learning, grounded in research-based practices.
- Students develop an interest in STEM early and can continue on the journey in middle school STEM electives such as Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, Design and Modeling, and Women in Engineering.
- STEM will engage students, build confidence, grow interest, and put them on a course for strong accomplishments in middle school, high school, and beyond.
- Modules for K-5 help children learn to love STEM at a younger age using curriculum aligned to the state and national standards.
|Kindergarten and First Grade:||Structure and Function|
|Structure and Function: Pushes and Pulls|
|Second and Third Grade:||Materials Science: Properties of Matter|
|Materials Science: Forms and Function|
|Fourth and Fifth Grade:||Energy: Collisions|