2022-27 Strategic Plan
A strategic plan formalizes the school district's mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives. This enables stakeholders to voice and agree on the same priorities and focus on the same path to improvement. Anchor Bay started strategic planning meetings at the beginning of the 2021-22 school year. After multiple meetings, a final presentation was given in May 2022.
The major highlight to come out of the strategic plan is the recommendation to go forward with a bond proposal to have our infrastructure support the next generation of learners in the district. The consensus is for our students to have “Executive Function”. This means that they can make plans, finish work on time, ask for help or seek more information, and engage in group dynamics. This is done by giving students a path with more opportunities for collaborative learning, electives, CTE training, clubs, summer and afterschool programming.
Through the strategic planning process, it was determined that we want to measure growth in our students and have transparency in learning by revising our grading system to strengthen feedback and be consistent across the district. We want to focus on aptitude and growth for all students by meeting students where they are then challenging them through diverse and engaging curriculum.
Developing Competent Citizens
- College & Career Ready
- College Credit Opportunities
- Career Experiences beginning K-12
- Industry-recognized certification
- Flexible Pacing/Grade Levels
- Project-based Learning
Portrait of a Graduate
- Purpose Driven
- Growth Mindset
- College Readiness
- Empathy & Kindness
- Cultural Responsiveness
- Community Involvement
- Real-World Experience
- Problem Solving
- Content Knowledge
- Critical Thinking
- Financial Literacy
Empowering all students to succeed in an ever-changing world.
Educational Excellence Together
Educate ● Motivate ● Collaborate ● Cultivate
In Anchor Bay Schools, we believe in students first!
Together, we will:
- Provide a safe and supportive environment
- Foster problem-solving and critical thinking skills for responsible decision making
- Respect and value the diversity of all participants
- Develop lifelong learners who understand the importance of integrity, character, and empathy
- Inspire innovative, adaptive leaders
- Collaborate with our community