Aquatic Center & Fitness Center
Aquatic Center Rental Information
Birthday Party Rental Information
Contact Aquatic Center for reservations
- 2022 Winter/ Spring Program Descriptions
- January 14th – April 3, 2022 Schedule
- Triathlon Training Flyer
- Swim Club Conditioning
- Aquatic Silver Sneaker Class Flyer
- Aquatic Center Silver Sneaker Information Flyer
* Several MPSERS Health Plans are adding Silver Sneakers to their policies this Jan. It will be a great asset if we can get the information out, that we are an approved accepting facility for Tivity/ Silver Sneakers. Michigan Public School Employees' Retirement System.
- Great Lakes Tritons & AB Learn to Swim Information
- Kids Swim Lessons Winter 2022
- Swim Lesson Information- Winter
- Per the MDHHS, we will continue to monitor and enforce COVID guidelines as required by State &/or Anchor Bay School Board. At this time masks are not required, but are highly recommended to be worn by non-vaccinated individuals.
- Please do not visit the facility, and stay home if you are feeling sick in any way; fever, chills, nauseous, headache, recent bouts of vomiting etc.
Pool Rules: Click here to print the Pool Rules
- For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, the lifeguard is in complete charge of the pool at all times and has final say in all rule interpretations.
- One whistle blast from the lifeguard, all patrons must STOP, LOOK and LISTEN to the guard.
- LONG whistle blasts from the lifeguard, all patrons must EXIT the pool IMMEDIATELY.
- Every swimmer must take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- Every swimmer must wear a swimsuit that has a lining. Undergarments, cutoffs and/ or gym shorts are not allowed in place of swimwear.
- No street shoes or strollers are allowed on the pool deck.
- Food or drink is not allowed on deck – except water in plastic containers and in designated areas.
- Breath holding activities and/or prolonged underwater swimming is not permitted.
- Running and horse play are prohibited on deck and in the pool.
- NO spitting in the pool gutter.
- No fighting
- No hanging from Diving Board or Starting Blocks
- Feet First entries; NO Flips, NO Twists, NO Backward Entries.
Any swimmer entering the deep water will be required to perform a deep-water test during recreational swims. Adults may be asked to take a swim test at the lifeguard’s discretion.
Deep End Test:
At Lifeguard Discretion for Safety/ Endurance:
- Swim one length of the pool or equivalent.
- Tread water without touching the pool sides & bottom for 1 minute.
- Deep Water Plunge: Swimmer must jump into the deep end and recover to the surface.
Shallow Water Test
- Float on back and roll to front.
- Recover from floating position to standing position.
Swimmers who cannot pass either test or refuse to take either test will be issued a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). If a Child is Dependent on a Lifejacket/ PFD, a parent/ guardian must remain within an arm’s reach of the child.
- Swimmers should select a lane, suitable to your swimming speed when entering into a “current” lap swimmer.
- Inform other swimmers in a lane before entering that lane.
- When two or more swimmers are in a lane, please keep to the right side of the lane and circle swim.
- When there are only two swimmers in a lane they may agree to swim side by side.
- Slower swimmers must yield to faster swimmers at turns.
- The lifeguard may ask a swimmer to move to another lane if they have not selected a lane appropriate for their speed.
- See swim testing policy above.
- Only Coast Guard Approved PFDs are permitted during recreational swims. The use of these items is restricted to the shallow end of the pool.
- Swimmers less than 48 inches in height MUST have a parent/guardian in the pool area. Parents must be in the pool with any child under 48 inches that did not pass the deep end swim test and must keep them within arm’s length at ALL times.
- Children who are not FULLY toilet trained MUST wear a swim diaper.
- Inflatable flotation devices are not permitted.
- The lifeguard may restrict the use of pool toys, instructional equipment and other recreational equipment at any time.
- Running, fighting, dunking, flips, sitting on shoulders and horseplay are not permitted.
- If diving is allowed at the facility, diving is allowed only in designated areas.
- Back dives and handstands from the side are not permitted.
- Starting blocks are for the swim team and swim lesson use only.
- At least one parent or guardian must accompany children into the pool when dependent on any form of floatation device. SEE OPEN SWIM RULES
- All open swim rules apply.
Water Aerobic Classes
- Be sure to go at individual pace. Do NOT over exert yourself.
- Heart Rate checks will be conducted throughout the classes, be sure to monitor yourself.
- Be respectful of the instructor and patrons, continuous talking is a distraction for participants trying to hear and the instructors trying to communicate. Instructors are responsible to provide safety reminders and need to be able to be heard.
- If a participant is not meeting the class requirements upon first class evaluation, we will place them into a class that is best suited for their success.
- All pool rules will be enforced during lessons.
As always Safety is our Primary Concern ~ there are many other points of safety that may not be listed. Our staff will be sure to communicate if needed.
Fitness Center Information
Mon. 6-11am / 5-8pm
Tues. 8-11am / 5-7:30pm
Wed. 6-11am / 5-7:30pm
Thurs. 8-11am / 5-7:30pm
Fri. 6-11am / 5-7:30pm
Our fitness center is set up for your workout! We have multiple machines including treadmills, elliptical machines, bicycles, weights, and much more. Complete with televisions for your entertainment!
- Water Aerobics
- Stretch & Tone
- Power Water Works
Tivity Health - Prime - Silver Sneakers
NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME DUE TO Capacity and Mask Requirements. Silver Sneakers Welcome in POOL programs.
DRYLAND FITNESS SILVER SNEAKERS
Morning Classes to Follow July Guidelines:
- Circuit Cardio
- Yoga Stretch
- Chair Yoga
New Baltimore, MI 48047
Phone: (586) 716-4623
Registration & Fees
If you are a member of Tivity Health- Prime or SilverSneakers, your membership is covered! Stop by the front desk to check for eligibility and someone can help you with signing in. Your Tivity Health membership would give you access to swimming, water classes, land classes and the fitness center!
Interested in booking a field trip for your students DURING THE SCHOOL DAY:
- Call us, to ensure the date/time is available, preferably Friday’s.
- Call Transportation, (586) 725-4220, to reserve a bus
- I will interoffice Building Use form with confirmation of date/time and cost is minimal - $10 per lifeguard per hour with a flat rate of $10 - $25 based on number
- Emphasize if students have not passed a deep-water swim test, they will need to take one before entering the deep end of the pool.
Parent Teacher Groups
If you’re interested in booking an AFTER-SCHOOL Swim Party:
- Call us, set-up a date/time
- This type of rental requires a community rental form; the price is determined on length of time and the number of participants
Anchor Bay News
New COVID Guidelines - Parent Letter sent 1.20.22
New COVID-19 Quarantine Guidelines - Parent Letter sent 1.14.22
Anchor Bay Opens a Second Semester Schools of Choice Application Window
Application Period: January 16, 2022 – January 29, 2022 for 2022 Second Semester Unlimited Schools of Choice (Kindergarten – Grade 12)