Instructions for New Accounts
Anchor Bay Schools is continuing its efforts to promote communication with parents/guardians. You will now have the ability to securely view your child’s grades, grade history, and attendance via the Internet using the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
If you have internet access at home or at work you will be able to view your child’s school information at any time. You can access the Parent Portal from the Anchor Bay School’s website: www.anchorbay.misd.net and click on the Quick Links menu on the home page.
How to Set up a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account
- Open the internet browser on your computer.
- Type https://ps.abs.misd.net/public/ into the address bar.
- Click on the Create Account Tab.
- Fill in the information requested for your desired username and password.
- Enter your student's full name, Access ID and Password will be provided to you.
- Check your email for a verification email. You will need to click on the verification link in the email to finish creating your account.
- After clicking on the verification link (in your email), you will be prompted to sign in with the username and password you created.
If you are using the PowerSchool App, the district code is: MLSZ
If you already have a PowerSchool account for a sibling, use the Access ID and Password above to link your other child to your account. This is under Account Preferences within the left navigation menu and then select the Students tab across the top.
Your username and password should not be shared with your child because there is parent-specific information that could be changed and should not be available to your child.
Grades will be posted on the Parent Portal by the teachers. Please keep in mind that the teachers have one week to post the assignments and grades. Use the information to talk with your child about their progress at school.
If you have any issues accessing the Parent Portal, please contact your school's office. The Parent Portal Agreement is part of the Secondary Enrollment Packet and is returned to the student's school office : Powerschool Parent Portal Agreement
Instructions Guides for Mobile Devices
Create a Parent Portal Account on a Mobile Device
Add Another Child to the Parent Portal Via Mobile Device
Annual Update forms are located under "General Forms" on the parent portal. If you are using the app, click "more" and forms to find "General Forms."