ABHS Honors Academy
Honors Academy Documents
Honors Academy Presentations
Honors Academy Presentation Link: AB Honors Academy Video Presentation
Anchor Bay Honors Academy Update
We are excited to announce the opportunity for current eighth-grade students to be part of the Anchor Bay Honors Academy!
NWEA testing is currently taking place and will be used for placement into the Anchor Bay High School Honor Academy. Parents and students will receive notification of their placement by February 4th.
The Anchor Bay Honors Academy is a four-year advanced academic environment with all the traditional high school experiences for academically motivated students. The rigorous courses are carefully planned to prepare students for college and their careers while offering opportunities to earn college credits through Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams.
Honors Academy acceptance letters will be sent out by February 4th with a link to a virtual parent meeting held via Zoom on February 15th at 6:00 pm. During the meeting parents will meet key staff members and will be provided an overview of the program. Information for those who are unable to attend the virtual meeting can be found using this link: Honors Academy Webpage.
Anchor Bay Honors Academy Important Dates
Placement Notification by February 4th
Virtual Parent Meeting: February 15th @ 6:00 pm
An Academy within a High School
Anchor Bay Honors Academy is a four-year advanced academic environment with all the traditional high school experiences for the academically motivated student.
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT AND ADVANCED PLACEMENT CREDITS
- Earn up to 20 or more Advanced Placement credits. This could save up to 1 year of college costs - an average cost savings of up to $20,000!
- Advanced Placement scores are recognized at more than 3,200 colleges and universities. Over 90% of 4-year colleges provide credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying scores.
- Anchor Bay Schools has made AP Honor Roll since 2016. The percentage of our students’ AP tests that are eligible for college credit is higher than the state and global averages.
STAND OUT IN THE COLLEGE ADMISSION PROCESS
- An Honors Academy diploma shows your willingness to take on the most rigorous courses available to you. Admissions officers are not impressed by straight A’s when they are all earned in easy courses. Colleges look for students that challenge themselves with a curriculum.
- Enhance your competitive edge for scholarships by improving your SAT score, G.P.A., and class rank.
- STEM and elective pathways enhance admissions to engineering & technology, pre-law, pre-med, and business programs.
GAIN SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED IN COLLEGE
- Studies show that rigor of a high school student’s choices is the single best predictor of college success.
- Improve your writing skills.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
BROADEN YOUR INTELLECTUAL HORIZONS
- Be a part of a community that is passionate and committed to academic excellence.
- Learn from Experienced, Highly-Qualified Advanced Placement teachers.
STILL HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE
- Participate in award-winning extracurricular programs such as Instrument and Vocal Music, Drama, and Athletics. Anchor Bay is not a pay-to-play district.