Francois Maconce Elementary School, in partnership with the community, will provide a learning environment by delivering quality instruction that promotes curiosity, creativity and the desire in students to reach their full potential.
6300 Church Rd
Ira, MI 48023
(586) 725-2037 Fax
Standard Day: 8:36AM—3:32PM
Half Day: 8:36AM—12:06PM
Oct. 14 Progress Reports
Bible Bunch Begins
Oct. 17 Cyber Safety Presentations K-3
Oct. 18 Cyber Safety Presentations 4th and 5th
PTO Meeting 6:30 p.m.
Oct. 19 Hungry Howies Family Night (New Haven)
Oct. 21 BOO BASH
Oct. 25 Hearing Screening K, 2nd and 4th grade
Oct. 26 Hearing Screening K, 2nd and 4th grade
Student Congress Meeting
Oct. 28 Spirit Day/Popcorn
First Grade Field Trip Detroit Zoo
Oct. 31 Parade at 2:45 p.m.
A Project Lead the Way S.T.E.M. School
Beginning in the 2015-16 school year a K-5 elementary school that will help young minds discover the wonder of science, technology, engineering, and math. This elementary program will build the connections to the Middle School South STEM program which includes electives such as:
Design and Modeling, Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, and Women in Engineering
- Introducing PROJECT LEAD THE WAY (PLTW) LAUNCH – The nation’s leading provider of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs. In the Launch modules for kindergarten through fifth grades students learn important, future-changing lessons, learn to take risks, and employ critical thinking skills.
- The use of iPads help students become comfortable utilizing technology to learn and discover together.
- Students ask questions, explore ideas, and solve problems through activity, project, and problem-based learning, grounded in research-based practices.
- Students develop an interest in STEM early and can continue on the journey in middle school STEM electives such as Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, Design and Modeling, and Women in Engineering.
- STEM will engage students, build confidence, grow interest, and put them on a course for strong accomplishments in middle school, high school, and beyond.
- Modules for K-5 help children learn to love STEM at a younger age using curriculum aligned to the state and national standards.
|Kindergarten and First Grade:||Structure and Function|
|Structure and Function: Pushes and Pulls|
|Second and Third Grade:||Materials Science: Properties of Matter|
|Materials Science: Forms and Function|
|Fourth and Fifth Grade:||Energy: Collisions|
Maconce was featured in "First Hand News" for a sucessful universal breakfast. To read the article click here.
Michigan Department of Education Certificate
"High Progress School"
Parent and School Connections
The State of Michigan Standards Link. The link below will take you to the standards page of the Michigan Career and College Ready site. The purpose of this portal is to connect resources and tools that can assist educators and parents in helping students graduate Career- and College- Ready. Within this link, you will find all of the national Common Core Standards for ELA and Math and each Grade Level Content Standard from the State of Michigan for Science, Social Studies, Arts, Physical Education and Technology.
Maconce Recycling Center
Maconce is a Green School! We are recycling and keeping our Earth healthy. There is a Recycling Center in our school. It is located by our Library in the hallway. If you have batteries (not car batteries), old broken crayons, printer cartridges, or glue sticks and/or bottles, please bring them in and deposit them in our Recycle Center! It's Lorax Theme and promotes a Healthy Earth! We want to continue to be a Michigan Green School. If you still get a paper copy of any newsletters and you have an email address, please consider letting us email you a copy to conserve paper and ink.