Community Service Opportunity
Kids First Sports Program for special needs kids doc01256820170209074833
College Night - Open to Everyone
Please see attachment:Ahedo George College night flyer 2017 b (1)
FAFSA Workshop Night
Parent and Student FAFSA Workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, November 28, 2017 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. or from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. (choose ONE time slot). It will be held in the Anchor Bay High School Media Center - Space is limited to 20 per session. Please see attached flyers
In Anticipation of College Application Week on October 30th-November 3rd we wanted all parents to have a list of Institutions Waiving Fees for the month of October as well as schools that have free online applications all year round.
Counseling Department Staff
- Lindsay Ahedo, Counselor (A-G) 648-2525 ext. 2338
- Greg Fowler, Counselor (H-P) 648-2525 ext. 2336
- Melanie George, Counselor (Q-Z) 648-2525 ext. 2337
- Carol Selby, Teacher Consultant ext. 2334
- Amy DiStefano, Teacher Consultant ext. 2335
- Bronwyn Guiles, School Psychologist (Mon,Wed,Fri)
- Marc Patyi, School Social Worker (Tuesday, Thursday ) ext. 2355
- Chelsey Schell, Student Services Coordinator, ext. 2340
Ordering Transcript for College
Anchor Bay has signed up with parchment by docufide, an electronic process, to send your transcripts directly to the college of your choice. The counseling office will not be mailing your transcript. Each student must register with Parchment by docufide on the Anchor Bay website and place your request for transcripts to be sent.
The State of Michigan allows students to "test out" of courses in which they are able to demonstrate knowledge of the content expectations associated with the subject area. This can be accomplished by obtaining at least 77% on all assessments related to the course.
Testing out is offered twice per year - in August and in January. Interested students should fill an application out in counseling office.