Community Service Opportunity
Kids First Sports Program for special needs kids doc01256820170209074833
Counseling Department Staff
- Melissa Kelch, Counselor (A-G) 648-2525 ext. 2338
- Greg Fowler, Counselor (H-P) 648-2525 ext. 2336
- Melanie George, Counselor (Q-Z) 648-2525 ext. 2337
- Carol Selby, Teacher Consultant ext. 2340
- Amy DiStefano, Teacher Consultant ext. 2335
- Frank Cusimano, School Psychologist (Mon,Wed,Fri) ext. 2334
- Marc Patyi, School Social Worker (Tuesday, Thursday ) ext. 2355
It is that time of year that we begin to register for AP tests.
1. AP test registration will begin February 1 and run through March 24.
2. Tests cost $93 each this year. Payment of check or money order can be made in the counseling office, to Anchor Bay Schools.
3. If anyone has a 504 plan or a disability that may qualify them, extended time or large print tests, please see counselor as soon as possible.
These accommodations need to be applied for and approved by College Board by 2/15/17.
4. If anyone has free or reduced lunch, please see counselor to get a reduced rate on each test.
5. If anyone is taking the afternoon Psychology test-transportation will NOT be provided after the test concludes at around 3:00 PM
6. AP test dates:
Monday 5/1/17 @ 8:00 AM-Chemistry
Monday 5/1/17 @ 12:00 PM-Psychology
Wednesday 5/3/17 @ 8:00 AM-English Literature (12th graders)
Thursday 5/4/17 @ 8:00 AM-Government
Friday 5/5/17 @ 8:00 AM-US History
Tuesday 5/9/17 @ 8:00 AM-Calculus
Wednesday 5/10/17 @ 8:00 AM-English Language (11th graders)
7. If anyone has a conflict with an AP test, please see below the College Board approved circumstances:
Late testing: no additional fee
A late-testing fee will not be charged for circumstances that are beyond the control of school officials and students. Here are some general examples:
Conflict with International Baccalaureate (IB) exam
Conflict with tests that are mandated at the state, province, or national level
Disabilities or accommodation issues
Emergency: bomb scare or fire alarm
Emergency: serious injury, illness, or family tragedy
Language lab scheduling conflict
School closing: election, national holiday, or natural disaster
Three or more AP Exams on the same date
Two AP Exams on the same date and time
Late testing: with fees*
A $45 fee will be charged for schools and students that have a choice between accepting the scheduled date and requesting an alternate date. The fee is used to partially defray costs of developing, scoring, and shipping these alternate exams. Here are some of those examples:
Conflict with non-AP and non-IB exam
Other school event
School closing (local decision, non-emergency)
AP Reg Form (2)
Ordering Transcript for College
Anchor Bay has signed up with parchment by docufide, an electronic process, to send your transcripts directly to the college of your choice. The counseling office will not be mailing your transcript. Each student must register with Parchment by docufide on the Anchor Bay website and place your request for transcripts to be sent.
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY APPLICATION
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD National Honor Society guidelines for 2017-2018 school year. Applications available in the counseling office.
Career Fair on March 23, 2017, Thursday from 6 to 7:30 PM at Anchor Bay High School.
Please join us for the 2nd Annual Career Fair. We will have over 110 different occupations/career present. Come learn about different professions and see if it is the career choice for you. We anticipate over 1000+ students and parents to join us that evening.
The State of Michigan allows students to "test out" of courses in which they are able to demonstrate knowledge of the content expectations associated with the subject area. This can be accomplished by obtaining at least 77% on all assessments related to the course.
Testing out is offered twice per year - in August and in January. Interested students should file an application with the counseling office.
Test out forms are available now in the counseling office until Dec. 13, 2016. Meeting is on Dec. 14, 2016 at 8:15 am in the DLL(N200) to receive information and details of the test out.
Test out for August, 2017 is on Monday, August 21, 2017 at 8:00 am. Any additional assessments that are required for a particular course must be completed by Friday, June 2, 2017. A meeting will take place on Monday,June 5, 2017 at 2:15 pm in the DLL. Please pick up form in counseling beginning in April and return completed form to counseling.