From the Superintendent's Desk
We welcome you to Anchor Bay School District! Anchor Bay has a state of the art high school, two middle schools, seven elementary schools, two early childhood centers, and an alternative education program. All Anchor Bay Schools are accredited by North Central Accreditation.
It is Anchor Bay School District’s goal to meet the needs of our community and to prepare our students to be life-long learners. We strive to make our district better year after year. We do this by adding programs and opportunities for our students. This includes adding Mandarin to the lower-elementary curriculum, starting a cultural exchange program at the high school, and expanding Project Lead the Way classrooms to every elementary building. The district is able to keep our positive momentum because of community support, great staff, and our amazing Anchor Bay families.
Due to your support of the 2017 Bond, we can keep moving forward with technology and facility upgrades that will make a big impact on students. Technology improvements such as updating teacher workstations, installing interactive projectors in every classroom, and improving the network were completed this summer. We have begun the legwork needed to start breaking ground on big bond-related projects next summer.
Anchor Bay continues to lead the pack with our test scores. We can be very proud of the academic achievements at all grade levels. We will continue to research and implement curriculum programs that will lead to continued success for students, including reading and literacy to align with the new 3rd Grade Reading Law.
Michigan lawmaker’s passed Public Act 306 in October 2016. This law is to help more students reach reading proficiency levels by the end of the 3rd grade. The law requires extra support for K-3 students who are not reading at grade level along with Individual Reading Plans and strategies to support reading at home.
Anchor Bay is dedicated to providing research-based literacy instruction to our students. Teachers are being updated and trained in the latest literacy components and strategies. Our goal is to ensure that every student has the support needed to demonstrate literacy growth at his/her grade level. More information regarding the 3rd Grade Reading Law will be communicated throughout the school year.
Leonard A. Woodside
Superintendent of Schools
Listed below are just a few of the offerings in Anchor Bay:
Secondary Level (Grades 6-12)
- Student Activity Clubs & After School Programs
- Transition programs for students moving from 5th to 6th grade and 8th to 9th grade
- Middle and High School Honor Academy
- 9 Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- 15 Career Technical Education (CTE) Programs
- Anchor Bay High School earned Advanced Placement Honor Roll Status
- Middle School, Project Lead the Way classes incorporating STEM include: App Creators, Design and Modeling, Engineering and the Environment, Green Architecture, Medical Detectives
- Project Lead the Way Engineering College Bound Program - Students can articulate up to 12 credits upon completion to Eastern Michigan University and Macomb Community College
- Women in Engineering Cohort at ABHS
- Foreign Language courses in French, Spanish and German
- Award Winning drama, band, and Air Force JROTC programs
- Over 40 athletic programs
- District-Wide Evening Events: College Nights, Career Fairs, STEM Fair, Scholarship/Financial Aid Nights
- Smaller class sizes - K-2 average is 22 students, 3-5 average is 26 students
- Curriculum-based preschool programs for 3 and 4-year-olds
- All students participate in art, music, physical education, and technology classes
- Mandarin taught in K-3 grades
- Fifth-grade band
- Family nights in Math, Science, Literacy, & Art
- Project Lead the Way, STEM
- MLPP trained elementary staff
- Positive Behavior Support System (PBIS) assists students in making wise decisions regarding their behavior
5201 County Line Rd
Suite 100 Casco Twp, MI 48064
(586) 727-9059 Fax
Leonard A. Woodside
Assistant Superintendent/Director of Human Resources
Director of Business Services
Director of Elementary Education
Director of Secondary Education
Supervisor of Special Education
Director of Student Services