Food and Nutrition Department
Welcome to the Food & Nutrition Department ….
Where Good Nutrition and Learning Go Hand in Hand.
The Food & Nutrition staff receive formal training to obtain their food safety certification. We take pride in this to prepare safe nutritious meals for your student. Meals at Anchor Bay Schools follow the federal nutrition standards limiting unhealthy fat and calories. Good nutrition is so important for growing bodies and learning minds, we hope to encourage your student to take part in the breakfast and lunch programs on a regular basis.
Menus for elementary, middle and high school provide a wide range of offerings for students. The elementary and middle school menus will be updated each month.
Our Mission Statement: Preparing students nutritionally to learn and succeed.
2016-2017 Meals Prices
New lunch prices for the 2016/17 school year mandated by the National School Lunch Program Regulations:
- Breakfast = $1.25
- Elementary Lunch = $2.50
- Middle School and High School = $2.75
- School Milk ½ pint = .40
- What Comes with a School Lunch?
A school meal consists of the following:
- Minimum of 2 ounce equivalent of meat/protein Grain
- Examples - wholegrain bun, bread or rice accompaniment
- ½ cup fresh, canned or 100% Juice (juice only provided 1-2x/week) at Elementary and Middle Schools
- 1 cup fruit offered each day at high school
- ¾ cup fresh or steamed at Elementary and Middle Schools
- 1 cup vegetable offered each day at high school
- 1% white or non-fat flavored ½ pint
- ¾ cup offerings each day – multiple offerings
Students are encouraged to take all of the items for lunch but are only required to take 3 items but one choice must be a fruit or vegetable.
Breakfast is essential for your student to succeed and learn at school. School Breakfast is available every school day at the following:
- Anchor Bay High School
- Anchor Bay Middle School South
- Anchor Bay Middle School North
- Dean Naldrett Elementary
- Lottie Schmidt Elementary
- Sugarbush Elementary
- Maconce Elementary (no charge for breakfast at Maconce)
- $1.25 for paid students
- .30 for qualified reduced
- Free for those qualified free
Smart Snacks in Schools
New nutrition standards called “Smart Snacks in School” are available to students. These standards will make healthier foods and beverages available to students to purchase.
- Smart Snacks will apply to all foods and beverages sold to students outside of the school meals
- Smart Snacks will be in effect all school day
- Smart snacks will not apply to foods served, such as classroom celebrations & during evening or weekends
- Some fundraising will be affected if they involve food or beverages during school day
Food & Nutrition Department Substitute Positions Open
The Food Service department has substitute positions open.
- Service hours credit towards State pension
- Employed directly by Anchor Bay School District
- Part time hours – weekend off
- No experience required –training is provided
- Apply on-line
Find Summer Meals in Your Community
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) was created to ensure that children in lower-income areas could continue to receive nutritious meals during long school vacations, when they do not have access to the National School Lunch or School Breakfast Programs. Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or physically disabled that is recognized by a State or local public educational agency. The meals will be provided without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Anchor Bay Schools does not have a summer food service program but you can use the mapping tool below to find a site near you. New sites will be added as the school year ends and throughout the summer. Please check back often for updated information.
Summer Food Rocks - to locate a Summer Food Service Program near you.
Current Breakfast Menus
Current Lunch Menus
Great Oaks Elementary
Lottie Schmidt Elementary
Middle School North
Middle School South
High School Galley