ABHS Honors Academy
An Academy within a High School
Anchor Bay Honors Academy is a four-year advanced academic environment with all the traditional high school experiences for the academically motivated student.
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT AND ADVANCED PLACEMENT CREDITS
- Earn up to 20 or more Advanced Placement credits. This could save up to 1 year of college costs - an average cost savings of up to $20,000!
- Advanced Placement scores are recognized at more than 3,200 colleges and universities. Over 90% of 4-year colleges provide credit and/or advanced placement for qualifying scores.
- Anchor Bay Schools has made AP Honor Roll since 2016. The percentage of our students’ AP tests that are eligible for college credit is higher than the state and global averages.
STAND OUT IN THE COLLEGE ADMISSION PROCESS
- An Honors Academy diploma shows your willingness to take on the most rigorous courses available to you. Admissions officers are not impressed by straight A’s when they are all earned in easy courses. Colleges look for students that challenge themselves with a curriculum.
- Enhance your competitive edge for scholarships by improving your SAT score, G.P.A., and class rank.
- STEM and elective pathways enhance admissions to engineering & technology, pre-law, pre-med, and business programs.
GAIN SKILLS THAT WILL HELP YOU SUCCEED IN COLLEGE
- Studies show that rigor of a high school student’s choices is the single best predictor of college success.
- Improve your writing skills.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
BROADEN YOUR INTELLECTUAL HORIZONS
- Be a part of a community that is passionate and committed to academic excellence.
- Learn from Experienced, Highly-Qualified Advanced Placement teachers.
STILL HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE
- Participate in award-winning extracurricular programs such as Instrument and Vocal Music, Drama, and Athletics. Anchor Bay is not a pay-to-play district.
Join us on Scholars Night:
February 14th, 2018 at 7pm
Anchor Bay High School
Early entrance exam dates:
February 22nd - 6-7:15pm
February 24th - 9-10:15am
Anchor Bay High School Media Center