COVID-19 Information and Resources
Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced that in order to slow the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan, she is ordering the closure of all K-12 school buildings. We continue to follow executive orders and social distancing practices at Anchor Bay as we all come together to work to ensure the health of our country.
To help organize our efforts to keep our families and community informed and provide resources during the unprecedented time, we have created the COVID-19 tab to our website to make information easily accessible to all our school families. Here we will post up-to-date information on the coronavirus across federal, state, county, and district levels. Our Administrative Team will continue working to address the remaining questions and concerns and this site will be updated regularly.
- Parent Update - sent 5.15.20
- District Update - sent 5.1.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.10.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.6.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents 4.2.20
- Important COVID-19 Exposure Information Staff Letter - 3.27.20
- Parent Update Letter - sent on 3.24.20
- Online Enrichment Letter - sent to parents on 3.20.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.16.20
- Coronavirus Update - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.12.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.11.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.10.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 1.31.20
Breakfast and lunch meals will be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12-1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Anchor Bay High School
- Anchor Bay Middle School North
- Anchor Bay Middle School South
- Lottie Schmidt Elementary
- Sugarbush Elementary
- The Shores of Anchor Bay Clubhouse
- Americana Clubhouse
- Meals are FREE to any child under the age of 18 and students with disabilities ages 18-26 with an active individual education plan (IEP).
- Breakfast and Lunch will be packed in a "to go bag" for parents/guardians to pick up.
- Students do not need to be present, meals can be picked up for all children in the household at one location.
- Meals should be consumed right away or properly refrigerated to maintain food safety.
- Please know that our buses have been sanitized and disinfected and the process will be repeated each day.
We will provide two days' worth of breakfast and lunch at the pick-up locations. For those families who are signed up for the Feed the Bay program, please know that your weekend supply will also be available on Friday.
Please call your school office and leave a message if you have any questions. Staff will be monitoring voice mail daily. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and flexibility as we navigate through this process.
Pandemic EBT Program - English
Pandemic EBT Program - Arabic
Pandemic EBT Program - Spanish
Mental Health Resources
With the closure of public schools in Michigan, the Anchor Bay School District wants to ensure that all students still have access to mental health services. We realize that this time may be very stressful for everyone involved.
Macomb County Resources
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Macomb County Crisis Line: 586-307-9100 (24hours /7 days)
- Macomb County Mental Health Number: 1-855-927-4747. They provide phone counseling, resources including community resources. Website: www.mccmh.net
- United Way: Call 2-1-1
- MISD Corona Virus Resources for Families
- Includes a variety of links for families relating to activities to promote well-being in the home setting, a crisis contact, emotional supports for children
- MFS Adolescent Outreach Services
- Macomb Family Services is offering no-cost teletherapy sessions during this time.
- Local Counseling Agencies
Department of Michigan Education Resources
- Child Mind Institute
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Daily tips for parenting during crisis via email
- Additional resources on topics/suggestions for families
- Support Your Child After The Death of a Family Member or Friend