COVID-19 Information and Resources
Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced that in order to slow the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan, she is ordering the closure of all K-12 school buildings. We continue to follow executive orders and social distancing practices at Anchor Bay as we all come together to work to ensure the health of our country.
To help organize our efforts to keep our families and community informed and provide resources during the unprecedented time, we have created the COVID-19 tab to our website to make information easily accessible to all our school families. Here we will post up-to-date information on the coronavirus across federal, state, county, and district levels. Our Administrative Team will continue working to address the remaining questions and concerns and this site will be updated regularly.
Anchor Bay Families,
The Board of Education met yesterday evening (8/5) to review and determine the Fall start-up options. During the Public Comment portion of the meeting, some parents asked the Board to consider starting the school year fully remote for all students. The Board determined to meet again to consider this model. Please know that the registration for the Anchor Bay Virtual Academy has been postponed at this time. The Board will meet again early next week to review plans and make a final determination.
A lot of work has been accomplished since our last update on July 30th. Sub-committees of teachers, support staff, and administrators are continuing to work in the areas of safety, instruction and operations. Thank you to everyone who has written and shared your questions and concerns. We are responding to those emails and reviewing your input.
I will communicate the final plan once it is approved by the Board of Education.
Leonard Woodside, Ed.S.
Past Superintendent Communications
- Parent Update - sent 8.6.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.30.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.17.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.22.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.8.20
- Parent Update - sent 5.15.20
- District Update - sent 5.1.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.10.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.6.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents 4.2.20
- Important COVID-19 Exposure Information Staff Letter - 3.27.20
- Parent Update Letter - sent on 3.24.20
- Online Enrichment Letter - sent to parents on 3.20.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.16.20
- Coronavirus Update - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.12.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.11.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.10.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 1.31.20
Wednesday, June 10th will be the last distribution day for meals through Anchor Bay Schools
Pandemic EBT Program - English
Pandemic EBT Program - Arabic
Pandemic EBT Program - Spanish
Mental Health Resources
With the closure of public schools in Michigan, the Anchor Bay School District wants to ensure that all students still have access to mental health services. We realize that this time may be very stressful for everyone involved.
Macomb County Resources
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Macomb County Crisis Line: 586-307-9100 (24hours /7 days)
- Macomb County Mental Health Number: 1-855-927-4747. They provide phone counseling, resources including community resources. Website: www.mccmh.net
- United Way: Call 2-1-1
- MISD Corona Virus Resources for Families
- Includes a variety of links for families relating to activities to promote well-being in the home setting, a crisis contact, emotional supports for children
- MFS Adolescent Outreach Services
- Macomb Family Services is offering no-cost teletherapy sessions during this time.
- Local Counseling Agencies
Department of Michigan Education Resources
- Child Mind Institute
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Daily tips for parenting during crisis via email
- Additional resources on topics/suggestions for families
- Support Your Child After The Death of a Family Member or Friend