COVID-19 Information and Resources
To help organize our efforts to keep our families and community informed and provide resources during the unprecedented time, we have created the COVID-19 tab to our website to make information easily accessible to all our school families.
January 2021 Return to Learn Information
- Elementary students will return to school on January 4th.
- Secondary students will continue remote learning from January 4th – 8th. The board voted in December to return to Face to Face learning for secondary students on January 11th, 2021.
- A 100% K-12 Virtual Option remains in place for the 2020-21 school year
Important Communications for Families
- Student Face Covering Medical Exemption Request
- Transportation Letter Sent to Parents
- Food Service & Free Meals Information Sent to Parents
- SACC Information
Daily At-Home Screening
Please be sure to constantly monitor your children and all members of your household for the symptoms of COVID-19. Click here for the Macomb County Health Department Student Screening Guide
Latest Superintendent Communication
Latest Superintendent Communication
Anchor Bay Families,
We are excited to welcome Secondary students back to school on Monday, January 11th. For those families who are registered for the Anchor Bay Virtual Academy, your students will remain in the remote setting.
For those returning to in-person learning, please know that we will continue our safety practices within our schools, buses, classrooms and hallways. Extra cleaning and disinfecting will be conducted per the schedule outlined in our Return to Learn Plan.
We must remain diligent in our safety protocols of staying home when sick, wearing masks, social distancing, and washing our hands often. Please visit the Macomb County Health Department website for information on daily self-screening, prevention strategies and tips for stopping the spread of germs. Website: https://www.macombgov.org/Covid19
We are looking forward to next week when students and staff are able to come back together in our classrooms to learn and engage. Please do your part in keeping all students and staff safe by keeping kids home if they are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID 19.
Todd Rathbun, Acting Superintendent
Anchor Bay School District
Past Superintendent Communications
- Parent Update (Secondary) - sent 1.8.21
- Parent Update - sent 11.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 11.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 11.13.20
- Parent Update - sent 10.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 10.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 9.24.20
- Parent Update - sent 9.4.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.12.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.6.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.30.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.17.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.22.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.8.20
- Parent Update - sent 5.15.20
- District Update - sent 5.1.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.10.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.6.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents 4.2.20
- Important COVID-19 Exposure Information Staff Letter - 3.27.20
- Parent Update Letter - sent on 3.24.20
- Online Enrichment Letter - sent to parents on 3.20.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.16.20
- Coronavirus Update - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.12.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.11.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.10.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 1.31.20
Return to Learn Plan
Return to School Plan
October 5th - Return to School Information
August - Return to School Information
Special Board Meeting PowerPoint Presentation - Fall Options - August 11th, 2020
Return to School Plan - Parent Update - July 30th, 2020
Student Mask Information - The Governor has amended Executive Order 2020-185. This amendment expands the requirement to wear a mask in the classroom to all students Kindergarten and up. The amendment does not change the requirement for those students who are medically unable to wear a mask. Those with proper medical documentation will not be required. If you have any questions, please speak with your Principal.
Wednesday, June 10th will be the last distribution day for meals through Anchor Bay Schools
Pandemic EBT Program - English
Pandemic EBT Program - Arabic
Pandemic EBT Program - Spanish
Mental Health Resources
With the closure of public schools in Michigan, the Anchor Bay School District wants to ensure that all students still have access to mental health services. We realize that this time may be very stressful for everyone involved.
Macomb County Resources
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Macomb County Crisis Line: 586-307-9100 (24hours /7 days)
- Macomb County Mental Health: They provide phone counseling, resources including community resources.
- United Way: Call 2-1-1
- MISD Corona Virus Resources for Families
- Includes a variety of links for families relating to activities to promote well-being in the home setting, a crisis contact, emotional supports for children
- MFS Adolescent Outreach Services
- Macomb Family Services is offering no-cost teletherapy sessions during this time.
- Local Counseling Agencies
Department of Michigan Education Resources
- Child Mind Institute
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Daily tips for parenting during crisis via email
- Additional resources on topics/suggestions for families
- Support Your Child After The Death of a Family Member or Friend
- Learning Policy Institute COVID Resources
COVID 19 News
Meals are available to both in-person and virtual students. If you have any questions, please call the Food and Nutrition Department directly at 586-598-7663.
Each Anchor Bay student can get one free break and one free lunch each learning day!
Questions? Call 586-598-7663
Extra food items will be at cost.