COVID-19 Information and Resources
To help organize our efforts to keep our families and community informed and provide resources during the unprecedented time, we have created the COVID-19 tab to our website to make information easily accessible to all our school families. Our Administrative Team will continue working to address the remaining questions and concerns and this site will be updated regularly.
October 5th - Return to School Information
Important Communications for Families
- Sept. 24th Presentation to the Board
- Face to Face and Virtual Academy Information
- Student Face Covering Medical Exemption Request
- Transportation Letter Sent to Parents
- Food Service & Free Meals Information Sent to Parents
- SACC Information
Daily At-Home Screening
lease be sure to constantly monitor your children and all members of your household for the symptoms of COVID-19. Click here for the Macomb County Health Department Student Screening Guide
Welcome Back Videos 2020
Building Highlight Video
Latest Superintendent Communication
Oct. 20, 2020
It has been a pleasure having students back in our classrooms and engaged in school again. I am impressed with how well everyone has adapted to the safety protocols while settling back into school routines. To see some of these safety measures in action, please take a few minutes to watch this short video: https://youtu.be/MNOQovLuHlo
I have been able to visit teachers and classrooms and see the instruction being delivered remotely to our Virtual Academy students as well. I am pleased we are able to offer this option and continue to serve our students choosing a remote setting.
Anchor Bay is following all contact tracing and reporting requirements per the Macomb County Health Department. Specifically, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued an Emergency Order requiring K-12 schools to provide public notice to the school community about probable and confirmed cases of COVID-19. Based on this Emergency Order, health departments notify schools within 24 hours of learning of a probable or confirmed school-associated case of COVID-19. Upon notification, our district posts this information on our Covid-19 tab on the district website: https://www.anchorbay.misd.net/covid-19/covid-19-case-reporting/
If the Macomb County Health Department identifies your child as a close contact with a confirmed case, you will be contacted by phone. After all students who have been directly impacted are contacted, an additional letter will be sent to alert all building parents of a positive case within the school building. Our website contains helpful resources and information on preventative measures and symptoms to watch for. Most importantly, keep your children home if they are sick and hand wash frequently to help stop the spread of COVID 19. To stay abreast regarding district cases, visit our website.
Please don't hesitate to contact your school building directly if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support.
Leonard Woodside, Ed.S.
Past Superintendent Communications
- Parent Update - sent 10.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 10.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 9.24.20
- Parent Update - sent 9.4.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.20.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.12.20
- Parent Update - sent 8.6.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.30.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.17.20
- Parent Update - sent 7.3.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.22.20
- Parent Update - sent 6.8.20
- Parent Update - sent 5.15.20
- District Update - sent 5.1.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.16.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.10.20
- Parent Update - sent 4.6.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents 4.2.20
- Important COVID-19 Exposure Information Staff Letter - 3.27.20
- Parent Update Letter - sent on 3.24.20
- Online Enrichment Letter - sent to parents on 3.20.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.16.20
- Coronavirus Update - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.13.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.12.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.11.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 3.10.20
- Coronavirus Letter - sent to parents on 1.31.20
Return to School Plan
Please watch for a district communication regarding the Board's decision on August 19th to begin the school year virtually for all students. Please be patient as we will provide further direction for parents.
Special Board Meeting PowerPoint Presentation - Fall Options - August 11th, 2020
Return to School Plan - Parent Update - July 30th, 2020
Student Mask Information - The Governor has amended Executive Order 2020-185. This amendment expands the requirement to wear a mask in the classroom to all students Kindergarten and up. The amendment does not change the requirement for those students who are medically unable to wear a mask. Those with proper medical documentation will not be required. If you have any questions, please speak with your Principal.
Remote & Virtual Academy Information
Remote & Virtual Academy Information
Back to School Learning Options
If you are not receiving emails from the school district, please make sure you didn't block SchoolMessenger emails. You will want to look in your junk or spam folder or your "blocked" settings. If you have changed your email address, please contact your school's office to update our records.
Elementary Parent Update
Secondary Parent Update
Wednesday, June 10th will be the last distribution day for meals through Anchor Bay Schools
Pandemic EBT Program - English
Pandemic EBT Program - Arabic
Pandemic EBT Program - Spanish
Mental Health Resources
With the closure of public schools in Michigan, the Anchor Bay School District wants to ensure that all students still have access to mental health services. We realize that this time may be very stressful for everyone involved.
Macomb County Resources
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Macomb County Crisis Line: 586-307-9100 (24hours /7 days)
- Macomb County Mental Health: They provide phone counseling, resources including community resources.
- United Way: Call 2-1-1
- MISD Corona Virus Resources for Families
- Includes a variety of links for families relating to activities to promote well-being in the home setting, a crisis contact, emotional supports for children
- MFS Adolescent Outreach Services
- Macomb Family Services is offering no-cost teletherapy sessions during this time.
- Local Counseling Agencies
Department of Michigan Education Resources
- Child Mind Institute
- Remote evaluations and telemedicine
- Daily tips for parenting during crisis via email
- Additional resources on topics/suggestions for families
- Support Your Child After The Death of a Family Member or Friend