All students at Sugarbush Elementary will have the academic foundation, social skills, and cultural awareness to become responsible, productive citizens.
New Baltimore, MI 48047
(586) 598-7671 Fax
(586) 598-7660 Absence Hot Line
Please call your child in absent or tardy by 8:45am - you can leave a message any time.
Standard Day: 8:36AM—3:32PM
Half Day: 8:36AM—12:06PM
At Sugarbush Elementary, we like many surrounding school districts have been experiencing a huge increase in the number of students coming to school with severe food allergies and diabetes. This has become a major problem as there is no real safe snack list available that covers the range of allergies that we are now seeing. We are encouraging children to make healthy eating choices and we would hope that you will work with us by not sending in food treats when celebrating birthdays.
If you would like to send in something special to share for your child’s birthday, please consider small birthday gifts instead of sugary birthday treats. Many dessert foods can be full of unhealthy ingredients that affect students’ ability to learn. We have provided a list of alternative gifts below for you to consider.
* Bookmarks * Stickers * Silly Bandz * Packs of Cards * Dry Erase Markers * Mini Note Pads * Glue Sticks * Pencils * Gel Pens * Fun Shaped Post-It Notes * Mini Play-Doh * Glow Sticks * Temporary Tattoos * Little goodie bags WITHOUT food/candy * A Book for the Classroom * A Game for the Classroom * A CD for the classroom *
Thank you for considering the health and well being of our entire student population!
4th Grade Honor Roll:
All A Honor Roll: Angelina Bonaudo, Hugh Burns, Melanie Cole, Nevena Galas, Gabriella Hubbert, Sofia Kolasa, Annabel Power, Kennedy Rafferty, Autumn Sproul, Sarah Ventimeglia, Madelyn Waddington, Reese Zampich
A/B Honor Roll: Reagan Bingham, Hannah Campbell, Zarek Downs, Brooke Frederick, Kate Frederick, Lexi Henkel, Tyler Jury, Nathan LeBlanc, Morgan Mason, Brady McBride, David Michalowicz, Madelyn Monroe, Somer Reinhold, Amber Rietz, Natalia Rios, Jace Roberts, Allie Roraff, Alaina Usteski, Andrew Walny
5th Grade Honor Roll:
All A Honor Roll: William Bingham, Shayn Clay, Ava Deleeuw, Nia Giannola, Victoria Kebbe, April King, Kaitlyn LaFear, Payton Lee, Stefan Markovic, Blake Misenar, Andrew Prill, Brianna Sancrant, Franklin Washburn, Alexandria Wilbur, Isabella Zarate
A/B Honor Roll: Esther D’Amato, Parker DuBay, Sophia Latona, Nicklas Levins, Samantha Malear, Allison Miller, Marissa Nowicki, Jessica Orlando, Sydney Rafferty, Joshua Rivard, Mateo Rodriguez, Christina Schukraft, Ava Vandro
The mission of the Sugarbush Elementary PTO is to provide our students with experiences that will enhance their learning and improve their quality of life. We believe in a close working relationship between home and school, where parents and teachers work together to provide our students with the best possible educational experience. All parents are welcome to join us for our PTO meetings and participate in school events. Watch the school newsletters for PTO meeting dates and times.
If you would like to receive text message reminders of upcoming events and information, text @sbepto to the number 81010. If you have trouble using 81010, try texting @sbepto to (586)884-8957 instead. If you prefer to receive messages via email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to contact a PTO member, you can email them at email@example.com
We are more than happy to cooperate in sending materials home to noncustodial parents, upon request. PLEASE REMEMBER TO INFORM THE SCHOOL AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR OF YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS AND NEED TO RECEIVE THIS INFORMATION. A call to our building, (586) 598-7660, at the beginning of the new school with the appropriate information is generally all that is required to set the process in motion.
FREE PRESCHOOL for 3 and 4 year old children who qualify
Designed to cover the following areas:
- PARENT INVOLVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Early Childhood Education Classroom Volunteering, Health Services Substitute Aides (which may lead to a paid position), Family and Community Partnerships Shared Governance through Disabilities Services Involvement in Policy Council & Participation in Parent Committee Meetings
- TRADITIONAL CLASSROOMS: 4 hours per day (M-Th). Bus transportation may be available.
- FULL DAY CLASSROOMS: are offered for parents working and/or going to school full time.
- HOME BASE PROGRAM: offers a weekly parent & child experience with the teacher in the home.
For more information and to find out if you qualify…please call (586) 469-5215.