Middle School South
New Baltimore, MI 48047
(586) 949-4739 Fax
Mr. Latona's & Mr. Seletsky's Website
The mission of Anchor Bay Middle School South is to meet the needs of the students in becoming productive members of society and lifelong, enthusiastic learners.
Standard Day: 7:55AM—2:52PM Half Day: 7:55AM—11:25AM
August 23/24: Pirate Pride 6th Grade Transition Program 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Aug 24: Schedule Pick-up and Walk-thru
9:00 am - 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
School Pictures will also be taken during these times
Sept 6: First Day of School/Half Day 7:55 am - 11:25 am
DC TRIP FOR OUR 2016-17 8th GRADERS
Student Cost - $599
Students will receive information regarding their first fundraising opportunity on Monday, September 19th.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Informational parent meeting regarding the trip September 15th - immediately following "Curriculum Night" In our auditorium at approximately 8:00 pm
If you attended our meeting in May, you do not need to attend again.
New 7th Grade Immunization Requirements
Click here for the requirements
We would highly recommend getting the immunizations or waivers early in the summer. We have found that many will wait until just before school begins or shortly after and parents have a difficult time getting a timely appointment.
This is a required state law and we need to have your child’s immunizations up to date to attend school. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Project Lead the Way S.T.E.A.M. School
Middle School South
A nationally recognized program from Project Lead the Way
A middle school program focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math
· Introducing PROJECT LEAD THE WAY (PLTW) Courses– the nation’s leading provider of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs. The Gateway to Technology program offers students a variety of opportunities to explore and learn creative problem solving. Students will begin with Design and Modeling, where they will apply the design process to solve problems and understand the influence of creativity and innovation in their lives. Additional courses to be offered are:
Medical Detectives, Flight and Space, the Science of Technology and Engineering for Girls.
- A comprehensive mathematics program including accelerated math courses for grades 6-8 and a research-based math support class for struggling math students.
- Updated computer labs and instructional technology, including a dozen classrooms utilizing interactive multimedia projectors.
- Visual and Performing Arts: Band, Choir, Drama, and Art
- Additional course offerings in Computer Education, Lego Robotics, Life Skills, and Physical Education which includes units in Archery, Golf, Table Tennis and Team Sports.
- Offering Spanish 1 to 8th grade students for high school credit.
- A focus on Positive Behavior with monthly emphasis on character education.
- We offer courses to meet the needs of all students from the struggling to accelerated learner. Academic support available during the school day, and free after school homework help.
- No fee extracurricular offerings include: football, cross country, volleyball, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, swim club, track, softball, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, Acapella Club and Forensics club.
At Middle School South, we collect Box Tops For Education every month to help support our Choir and Life Skills programs. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents and can be found on the following products: Betty Crocker, Fiber One, Nestle, Cheerios, Chex, Green Giant, Pillsbury, Hamburger Helper, Yoplait, Huggies, Scott, Cottonelle, Nature Valley, Hefty, Ziploc and many more!
Students can turn the Box Tops in to their first hour teacher and the class who collects the most each month wins a special breakfast treat!
Peer Mediation is a conflict resolution program in which trained student mediators help peers resolve interpersonal conflicts. Peer Mediation is voluntary, confidential and proven to be one of the most effective approaches to solving student disputes. It is monitored by a counselor or social worker. Students needing peer mediation may sign up in the counseling office.